The process for developing summary measure(s) of HIV-related stigma and discrimination seeks to be inclusive, reflecting the inputs and experiences of as many people as possible. The virtual consultation is open to everyone. We hope you will encourage participation among your networks.
The virtual consultation will take place over three weeks, from 19 August to 6 September 2019.
This virtual consultation aims to:
- Elicit a broad range of perspectives and experiences relevant to the construction of summary measures of HIV-related stigma and discrimination.
- Inform the development of measure(s) of HIV-related stigma and discrimination that reflect the experiences and realities of people living with and affected by HIV.
This discussion will be moderated by Mohammed Barry on behalf of UNAIDS and with support from UNAIDS staff involved in the development of the measures. We would be grateful if you could bear the following in mind when posting comments:
- Be concise and specific: This will help the moderator and rapporteur capture your ideas in the recommendations.
- Be respectful. The power of the AIDS movement is in its respect for human rights, dignity and Please keep these principles in mind!
- Keep this a safe space. To ensure the measures this consultation will inform are meaningful, we appreciate participants sharing their views and experiences, as they feel comfortable. Comments posted through this consultation should not be quoted by other participants outside this consultation.